Chemical Engineering Apprentice
Nawkaw is looking for a highly motivated, reliable, and eager individual for our headquarter in Athens, GA. The major responsibilities of this position will be to execute the technical testing required to develop the appropriate SOPs and documents for the on-site substrate testing and preparation prior to stain application. They will also analyze processes, conduct experiments and work to develop an understanding of the new generation of silicate stain technology.
In 1988, Nawkaw was founded in Toronto, Canada by CEO Russell Gray. Ever since, Nawkaw has pioneered the concrete and masonry industry by manufacturing innovative, high-quality, and environmentally-friendly products. Nawkaw offers both commercial and residential services and strives to invent techniques that result in outstanding architectural finishes on concrete and masonry. With branches all over the USA, Canada, and Australia, Nawkaw is an international company and is proud to be working with people from around the world.
Join our team of dedicated and determined professionals, grow your knowledge and expertise, and kick start your career at Nawkaw!
• Develop appropriate testing routines for different substrates and application techniques
• Interpret results from test methods
• Provide detailed and accurate documentation of work
• Become knowledgeable in other test methods used in the R&D environment, as required for ongoing projects
• The capability to assist in activities associated with product development
• Work collaboratively with Research and Production, as well as independently, in designing experiments, writing and following protocols,
collecting and analyzing data, and interpreting results to develop conclusions and paths forward as appropriate
• Work with Operations to implement approved SOPs
• As available use opportunities for individual development by participating in internal training
• Conduct performance and analysis evaluations of auxiliary products
What we expect from you:
You are highly motivated and enjoy working in a team and are efficient when working independently. You are highly analytic, are capable to think outside the box and contribute with innovative ideas.
What you can expect from us:
Nawkaw values integrity, respect and fairness for all communication on every level. While integrity assures credibility as an individual and as a company, respect for each other during our everyday interactions will encourage a healthier collaborative work environment, leaving plenty of room for innovative ideas and personal development. At Nawkaw your daily contribution will be recognized, and excellence will be rewarded. As an employer, we support flexible work hours and promote a work-life-balance that caters to you and your family’s needs while providing equal opportunities for everyone.
Nawkaw provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.